With rising health awareness, consumers are thoroughly checking labels before buying products, opting for clean label baked goods and snacks. Food producers have used sodium aluminum phosphate as a functional ingredient in the baking industry for over half a century. However, baking manufacturers are working to comply with regulatory limitations and restrictions on additives containing aluminum in many countries.
With a special focus on tolerable weekly intake (TWI), Innophos has developed products with reduced aluminum content that comply with regulations and contribute to the ability to meet this industry challenge including:
- LEVAIR® Select
- Cal-Rise® CAPP and MCPA
- V-90® Monocalcium Phosphate Anhydrous
- Regal Bake™ Specialty Blend
These leavening agents are designed to deliver controlled release, targeted volume, uniform cell structure and clean flavor with a non-aluminum based leavening solution* to comply with regulatory requirements to reduce aluminum levels in food.
Our Value Proposition@headerTag>
- Provides alternative product to SALP
- Supports bench, floor & line tolerance
- Provides similar resilient crumb structure to SALP
- Offers non-aluminum based product*
- Less sodium, more calcium than SALP
- Ensures tender, soft texture in baked goods
*May contain naturally occurring traces of aluminum.